25 March 2011

Ze Bloc Blogs

I have been on Twitter and googling for some time, searching for other Mamas online who share in my experiences, history and food preferences.  I was trying to follow the advise I have heard so many times about blogging, you know the term "Find your tribe".  Oh so much easier said than done.

A couple of days ago, a conversation between several very talented Mama bloggers and myself led to the Bloc Blogs.  Or more specifically Ze Bloc Blogs.

What is Ze Bloc Blogs?  Some of us are Lithuanian, others Russian, Polish, etc.  We all share a special connection.  We all share a common heritage of being (or being married to someone) from countries once called the USSR, and of course, a love for herring.  In fact, our darling mascot, Xsusha, is a part of our badge.



If you are a fellow blogger who would be interested in supporting and conversing with fellow women who are from Central or Eastern Europe, grab our button and visit each of us as we share our stories. 

Some stories are about certain recipes served for particular occasions, or washing floors by hand with a rag because that's what we know best, or your father's apendisitis under Communism (I haven't shared that story yet, have I?), or even your travels back. 

Of course, that is not all we write about, but you get the idea.

Whatever they may be, these women are funny, smart, and have a different viewpoint worth reading as they raise their children.

Classy Chaos (Polish)

Motherhood in NYC (Russian/Jewish)

Vicki Boykis (Russian/Jewish)

She Suggests (Ukrainian/Jewish)

Like the Vodka (Married to the Russian)

Rima Rama (Lithuanian)

Mom Photographer:  Ewa Samples (Polish, but we will forgive her for living in Always-Sunny-California)



Of course, this list is intended to grow...  Enjoy!  And to my fellow Bloc Blogger Mamas, I raise my vodka glass and say "Na Zdrowie!"

7 comments:

Rima said...

So pleased to meet you!

And, um, email me your address because I have to send you a prize.

Unknown said...

So pleased to meet you as well!

OHmommy said...

What a nice group of bloggers.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Thank you for sharing that. I run there right now to check this out! :-)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking that you can like this websites :
http://walnut-ave.blogspot.com/

http://www.whipperberry.com/

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2011/03/show-and-tell-linking-party-2.html

http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

Hugs,

Unknown said...

it's not ALWAYS sunny!!! It's been raining cats and dogs for the last week :-(

The Country Cook said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! It is such a pleasure to meet you.
My father's family is originally from Poland (his mother's family is from Germany). My husband's great grandparents are also from Poland. I think it is always a great way to connect with your heritage by cooking the food your family made and ate. Sadly, my husband and I didn't grow up eating many Polish dishes other than Pierogi and Polish sausage with sauerkraut.
I'm really enjoying looking through all of your recipes and I'm your newest follower :o)