28 December 2010

End of the Year Personal Audit Time

The new year is fast approaching, less than a week away, in fact.  I usually spend this time going through my life and auditing myself.  Last year, I participated in the "Pantry Challenge" which many blogging mommies were doing and it was a great way to use up any leftover canned or packaged or frozen foods.  And I was really creative, I have to say.  I plan on doing the same this year.  So, today I did an inventory of what was in my pantry and freezer and plan on starting after New Years.  Wish me luck!  If you want to participate, feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey girl what is this about? I may be interested in doing this with you; just think I need a little more information.

Unknown said...

Basically, the way it was done the last time I joined in, you set a goal for yourself for a month. Some people will choose to only buy dairy and bread during this month, others also fresh fruits and veggies, some only milk if possible.
The rest of the time, you go through what is in your pantry, your fridge and freezer and eat from that.
It saves you money for that month because most people have a stockpile, and like me, we have a LOT in our pantry, so it uses up what we have so that next month it's all fresher food. You tend to get pretty creative as time passes and the pickings in your stockpile get slimmer.
Some people post what they come up with for meals, which can help others who get stumped. When I do this, you are welcome to join in!