20 June 2011

Father's Day

This past weekend, my family went to support my husband at a marathon he was running in.  Including my father, who took off work a bit early to watch.  After all, there was a mudpit involved and we couldn't get over the "Ick" factor.

It was a nearly 2 hour drive, part of which was through gorgeous Chicago...






It ended with mud and dirt...




"You have a little something there on your shoe.  A bit of dirt..."




The only thing missing was my brother, who should have also been running in the marathon with my husband.  Maybe next year...

We finished our Father's Day celebration with my father coming over after work on Sunday and eating German Potato Salad, fresh tomatoes, and Hamburgers made with Polish Pickles and topped with Horseradish Sauce...




I hope your Father's Day or Dzien Ojca was just as wonderful...

4 comments:

Tefl Secretagent said...

Congrats to your husband and wow, your fathers day food looks...smaczna!

Foreign Mama said...

Wow, your husband looks very muddy. It must be something about men and their childhood memories that they love to get and stay dirty so much.

Rachel said...

Happy father's day! That meal looks fabulous. Well deserved after such a marathon.

Rima said...

Wow, that sounds like a pretty extreme marathon! Your husband rocks! And . . . I would like to see the recipe for the Polish pickle burgers with horseradish sauce. They sound amazing.