29 November 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Quiche

I hate Thanksgiving leftovers. My whole family does. So why we get a large bird every year, I really have no idea. But one thing I have learned with turkey leftovers is that bacon makes it better…


Turkey Bacon Quiche

I always have leftover bacon bits, turkey, eggs, extra frozen deep dish pie crusts, and fresh dill or parsley after thankgiving. So I baked a Turkey Bacon Quiche.

A basic quiche is always enough milk to one egg to equal ½ a cup, so for a standard Large egg, that means ¼ cup of milk. Add to that ½ a cup to one cup of a cheese that melts nicely on top, bake at 350 degrees for roughly 35 minutes and you have a good simple afternoon meal, best served warm or cold, although I know many Americans prefer it hot for breakfast. To each their own…


To make Turkey Bacon Quiche, I added a couple of sprigs of either fresh dill or curley parsley chopped to the egg batter which I poured over a ½ cup of leftover chopped turkey and about a ¼ cup of bacon bits. I topped it with 8 ounces of freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese. I am sure you can use Cheddar as well to this dish…

Smacznego!

No comments: