10 February 2012

Introducing My Hippy Husband

I thought I could share with you some of my husband's insights on being married to this Polish Mama. 

****

This week, he has called my Tato (my father) a "Professional Polish Man".  The logic being that since I "blog about being a Professional Polish Woman, [my] Tato is a Professional Polish Man".  Also, he was asking some questions about mead.

****

For Christmas, he bought my Tato a bottle of $80 Polish mead and another more reasonably priced bottle of raspberry mead.  Because it's Polish and he googled Polish liquor.  It was delicious, by the way.

****

While watching a TV show, he proclaimed "This must be in Poland!"

I asked him why and his answer was that he saw the words "Polski".

When I asked what Polski means, he stated that he had no idea but it was definitely something Polish.

Actually, what he saw was "Poliici" on the back of a Finnish Polish man's uniform.  It means Police in Finnish.

****

When he doesn't recognize a recipe and catches me taking pictures of it, he assumes it's Polish.

****

He calls trips to Poland "vacation" but I call it "seeing my family".  Vacation and seeing your family are not the same thing.

****

He buys me red and green lentils and other "odd" ingredients from the local ethnic store and assumes I know what to do with it.  Sometimes, I do.

****

He likes James Brown... And Rick James.  I can't really tell either apart.  He can't tell the difference between Bach and Beethoven.



Na razie...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband drives in the city and he used to call me when he saw the Paczki do Polski signs. He thought they were pączki LOL