06 June 2011

Zucchini in Dill Sauce

I cannot tell you that this dish is Polish or what it's origins are.  I remember having had this once at a Polish dinner when I was a young girl and loving it.  It was an Easter celebration at a church and someone had made this for the "potluck" dinner.

Since my children and my not-a-vegetarian husband loved the Cheese Stuffed Zucchini, I decided to make another dish with Zucchini in it.



Ingredients:

2-4 Zucchini, washed and cut into "fingers"
1/4 cup sweet Onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Butter
1/2 tablespoon Dill, chopped
1 tablespoon Flour
1/3 cup Sour Cream

*Either 2 tablespoons Water and 1/2 cube Chicken Bouillon cube or 4 tablespoons Chicken or Vegetable Broth



In a large saucepan, add Zucchini, Onion, Water and Bouillon cube*, Butter, and Dill.  Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until Zucchini is almost tender.  Remove from heat.

Stir Flour into Sour Cream with a fork.  Without draining the Zucchini, add the Sour Cream mixture into the Zucchini mixture.  On medium heat, cook and stir until it is thick and bubbly.  Cook for 1 minute longer.






Serve immediately.  Smacznego!

Also, if you like my recipes and stories, you can help support my blog by donating with my PayPal button on the right side of my blog.  Any donations appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to start cooking more with dill. I really like it, but I don't actually know many recipes with that herb. Your recipe looks delicious!