09 February 2011

My Mother's Onion Stuffed Chicken Legs

My mother made a recipe I grew up with which I never knew how to make.  So, I decided to play around and see if I could recreate it, as I didn't even know the name for it.  I am planning on doing some research on this, and if I find a Polish name for it, I will share it.  For now, I am calling it Onion Stuffed Chicken Legs.

Ingredients:

4 pieces of Chicken Leg Quarters
1/2 Sweet Onion
1 clove Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon of Sweet Paprika
1 cup of Chicken Broth or Water
Optional:  1 tablespoon of Curly Parsley


Rinse Chicken and pat dry.  Place in baking pan.




Dice Onion finely.  Dice Garlic finely.  In bowl, add Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Salt, Paprika, and (if you wish), Curly Parsley.




Mix well.




Loosen chicken skin to form a pocket.  Stuff with Onion mixture.






Pour Chicken Broth or Water into pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally.




Cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake uncovered, basting occasionally, for an additional 15 minutes.

Serve with Polish Dill SauceNote:  Using the drippings from this dish, remove the grease, and add to Polish Dill Sauce to add deeper flavor.




Smacznego!

3 comments:

Desi said...

That sounds absolutely delicious!! Thank you for sharing.

Nemi said...

It is delicious! Następnym razem muszę tak przygotować kurczaka:)

Unknown said...

You've had this? So excited to hear it wasn't some strange dish my mother made only. What is it called in Polish, znas? Dzienkujem!